In a parallel universe, you would be playing on your PS4 or Xbox without worrying about malicious hackers invading your gaming space.
Sadly, we live in the real world.
And this means only one thing; dealing with cyber-criminals and their relentless efforts in hacking your gaming system and personal data!
Thankfully, experts at Computer Sleuths are just a phone call away to help get rid of pesky malware attacks raiding your system’s privacy. If you live in Duluth, GA, our technicians will come to your location to fix security breaches in an instant! Click here to get your laptop and computer checked today.
In the meantime, however, here are some security practices you can apply for a bullet-proof gaming account:
1. Secure your gaming accounts
If you are like any other gaming fanatic out there, you probably have a dozen online gaming accounts.
You must have bought countless games online worth hundreds of dollars – which without a solid security plan, can reach the hands of vicious hackers. In fact, the more valuable your gaming account is, the more prone it is to getting hacked!
This is because every gaming account requires your financial details. Details that, when in the hands of villainous hackers, will be used to access your bank account.
What you can do:
- Use a very strong, impenetrable password.
- Activate two-factor authentication.
- Don’t share your login details – not even with your closest friends.
- Always log out once you are done playing.
2. Stay hush-hush about your gaming account
There is no doubt that the online gaming community has rapidly globalized over the years.
Gamers from around the world have established camaraderie when playing games – and have bonded over intense gaming debates too! So yes, gaming does have its perks.
But, and there is always a but.
Connecting with fellow players online doesn’t always mean you should – or can – trust them.
No matter how much you have kicked off with another gaming enthusiast, never spill your personal details with them.
With so much hoopla happening online every day, it is best to stay tight-lipped to avoid online abuse, stalking, harassment, identity theft, and phishing attempts.
3. Purchase from trusted sources
To guard your gaming account, we always recommend gamers to purchase from trusted and authorized online vendors.
This saves you the hassle of dealing with scammers, spyware, malware, and a bunch of other viruses that can ruin your gaming experience.
- Stick with playing on Google Play Console.
- Stay away from sideloading.
- Purchase games from the Apple app store if you own a MAC, iPhone, or IPad.
- Purchase from reliable stores such as Uplay, Steam, Humble Bundle, Origin, and many more.
- Buy or download authentic digital copies from your console manufacturer’s gaming store.
- And most importantly; do your research on gaming forums about credible gaming stores before jumping the gun with a purchase.
Gaming is the only thing that is keeping many people sane at home during this lockdown.
So we can only imagine the frustration when the one thing that’s been your crutch for the last few months gets hacked and halts your gaming activity.
But don’t worry, our technicians at Computer Sleuths will eliminate the swarm of viruses prowling on your gaming platform and recover your system’s health in no time. Click here to safeguard your gaming system if you are based in Duluth, GA.